‘Creational Trails is a network of improv(is)ed spaces that are activating linear pathways in Milwaukee as a means of encouraging acceptance and growth of cultural diversity.
We believe in art, culture and creativity that when expressed powerfully through place, can create vibrant communities that increase the economic opportunity for people to thrive in place.
We are contributing to a creative infrastructure of placemakers in Milwaukee as a model for a mid-size American city’s relationship to public space, economic development and cultural integrity.
A Catalyst to Energize
"Creating flourishing places ha the potential to generate additional innovation and economic activity, which broadly benefits the entire community. This project will be a real catalyst to energize many of the existing initiatives in these two locations"
-Mayor Tom Barrett - City of Milwaukee
• matireal is a geo-textile transforming an environmental nightmare into an ecological dream that inspired a new park called the artery.
• March: Building of ICAN2 LABS
• April 14th: Creative Placemaking Forum
• April 18th: g/uerilla, inaugurated with eracism mural
• April 25th: tiered tired, amphitheater construction commences on site @ 50 seats per month
• April 28th: Installation of g/uerilla (horizontal band of art) and site/groundswork for open calls complete.
• May 3rd: hopcycle, temporary hops installed; rhizomes installed
• May 8th: Final diagrams completed and trees dedicated
• May 9th: fortee #1, foundation and sub-structure installed on site
• June 7th: fortee #1, inverted tree/pieces assembled
• June 28th: First Performance at the artery
• July 5th: fortee #1, illumination and solar power added
• July 14th: hopcycle, lochness tail prototype installed
• July 26th: Second Performance at the artery
• August 2nd: fortee #1, pedal powered generator installed
• August 30th: Third Performance at the artery
• September 6-7: All pull together fe(a)st with local youth groups (budget permitting)
• September 27th: Possible fourth Performance at the artery